Give an Atlanta-Themed Gift This Year
Updated: Dec 11, 2018
It’s the most wonderful...and most stressful...time of year! We’ve survived Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and Cyber Monday, and by now we’re all teetering on the edge of insanity. Despite all your best efforts, you are surely looking for the perfect gift for those people who aren’t as easily moved by the latest gadgets from the big box stores.
Here’s an idea…how about an Atlanta-themed gift? Why an Atlanta-themed gift? Here’s three reasons:
1. Shopping and experiencing local is more popular than ever
2. Atlanta is awesome
3. See #2
Now if that doesn’t convince you, we don’t know what will! Since you’re now emotionally committed to the idea of buying an Atlanta-themed gift for those ATL-philes in your life, here are some suggestions:
1. Anything Atlanta United – Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you know that soccer has United and Conquered the hearts of Atlantans with the new Atlanta United MLS team. You can’t go wrong with ATL United tickets or MLS Cup Championship gear for the sports fan on your list!
2. A Local Beer & Spirit Gift Pack – The brewery and distillery scene in Atlanta has been absolutely booming in recent years, and Atlantans have become fierce supporters of local craft beer and spirits. Whether you are shopping for a IPA-lover, dark beer defender, or tequila sipper, there is a local producer for you. So, head out to your neighborhood package store or craft beer shop (can’t go wrong with Hop City) and put together a gift basket that will surely have your friends and family in the spirit of the season! This article is a good starting point if you aren’t familiar yet with the local breweries.
3. Excuse My ATL Sass Subscription – Our friends over at the Excuse My ATL Sass podcast have created an awesome subscription model that let’s you experience tons of local businesses for just a fraction of the price. Each episode features a different local business with a candid in depth discussion that really lets you get to know the people behind the business and their stories (check out our episode here). Each month, subscribers receive a gift box full of coupons, gift cards, and items allowing them to fully experience all the businesses featured that month for just $25! It’s like gifting somebody Atlanta in a box every month!
4. Fox Theatre Tickets – It’s possibly Atlanta’s most iconic landmark and has been hosting Broadway musicals, movie premieres, concerts and other major events for nearly 100 years. With an ever-growing event schedule, the Fabulous Fox has a show for everybody. And if you really want to step it up a notch, buy that special someone passes to the brand new swanky Marquee Club to make their theatre experience truly first class!
5. Southern Pedaler Gift Card – Last but not least…a Southern Pedaler gift card is the perfect gift for that person who loves Atlanta and loves having fun! Taking a ride with us isn’t just about pedaling and partying. You get amazing unique views of some of the city’s top landmarks, food and drink specials at top local bars, and an unparalleled experience pedaling the ATL together with friends old and new! Gift cards are available for specific tour options or fixed dollar amounts. If you contact us and reference this blog post, we’ll even provide a discount for you!
Hopefully that’s enough to get your juices flowing to think of the perfect gift for the Atlanta-lover on your list this year! Have more ideas? We’d love to hear them and hear about what gift you choose to share the love of Atlanta this year!