The Ultimate Atlanta Bachelorette Party
You’re BFF just asked you to be her Maid of Honor (undoubtedly in epic Instagram-worthy style), which means you have the honor of standing with her at the altar, providing emotional support, and – most importantly – planning a Bachelorette Party for the ages! No pressure!
If you are planning a Bachelorette Party in Atlanta, let us help you with some ideas for the ultimate Atlanta Bachelorette Party!
Speaking of the ultimate Atlanta Bachelorette Party, did you know that we are up for the category of Best Place for a Bachelorette Party in Jezebel Magazines 2019 Best of Atlanta? Well, now that you do, we hope you will go vote for us!
How to Get Here
Atlanta’s history is literally built on transportation, dating back to its founding as Terminus – at the end of the Western & Atlanta Railroad line. Nowadays, we’re more famous for having an enormous airport and crazy traffic. Atlanta’s accessibility is both a blessing and a curse, so here’s a few tips on getting here:
1. Plan Around Traffic – Honestly, Atlanta’s traffic is overblown and not as scary as it’s made out to be. Still, we recommend taking traffic into consideration if you are driving into town. If you are driving in on a Friday afternoon, plan for delays on the interstates. Your best bet is to try to arrive before 4pm or after 6pm. Plan your Friday evening activities accordingly to have some flexibility – the last thing you want is to start the weekend off in a giant ball of stress because you’re running late in traffic!
2. Flying to Hartsfield-Jackson Airport – The ATL Airport is definitely easier to handle when it is your final destination, rather than a connection. Fortunately, you can fly direct from pretty much anywhere in the world on Delta, and there are also lots of flights on Southwest. Don’t fall for the trap of trying to save a few bucks on Spirit!
3. Taking MARTA – Any Atlantan will be the first to tell you that our public transportation is not the best (far from it). However, MARTA is very convenient getting to and from the airport. Check to see if your hotel is close to a MARTA station (most Midtown and Downtown hotels are). If so, this is a great alternative to driving, especially on a Friday afternoon.
Where to Stay
Atlanta is a sprawling metropolis, so finding just the right place to stay can be a daunting task. Which neighborhood should you choose? Should we stay close to MARTA? What are the best hotels for a party? We recommend staying in Midtown Atlanta, and here’s why:
1. Centralized Location – Midtown Atlanta truly is “in the heart of it all” with nightlife and activities right at your doorstep as well as easy access to other areas such as Buckhead, Virginia Highlands, West Midtown, and Inman Park. Atlanta has so much to offer that you will want to check out multiple neighborhoods while you are here, and Midtown is the perfect home base due to its centralized location, multiple MARTA stops, and access to the highway.
2. Great Hotels – Midtown features some of Atlanta’s top hotels for parties and events. Some of our favorites include the Loews Hotel and Hyatt Atlanta (both across the street from our location) as well as the Renaissance Atlanta Midtown (just around the corner). If you stay at the Loews, make sure to say hello to our friend Jonathon, the VIP Concierge, and keep your eyes out for celebrities staying there! If you want to stay a little closer to Downtown, the W Atlanta Downtown has an incredible rooftop pool and bar to lounge the day away!
3. AirBnB Options – Looking for a different option other than a hotel that can accommodate a big group? Midtown is also one of the top neighborhoods in Atlanta for AirBnB listings, ranging from charming houses alongside Piedmont Park to high rise condos with epic skyline views!
4. Nightlife – Did we mention the night life right outside your doorstep? While Atlanta certainly has a ton to offer, you don’t have to leave Midtown if you don’t want to. The neighborhood features some of Atlanta’s top restaurants, bars, and clubs so you can party the whole weekend without having to get in a car!
What to Do
Okay, you’ve figured out where to stay, bought your plane tickets, now you need to plan the itinerary while you’re here! The great thing about Atlanta is that there is something for everybody, no matter what the bride-to-be’s interests are:
1. Plan a Signature Dinner – Every Bachelorette Party has to feature a great dinner! Atlanta has become a foodie heaven, with many top chefs setting up shop around the city. For the Food Network fan, you have to check out one of Kevin Rathbun’s Atlanta restaurants, including KR, Kevin Rathbun Steak, and Krog Bar. If you’re looking for some good old fashioned Southern cooking, you can’t go wrong with Mary Mac’s Tea Room for some of the best fried chicken you will ever have! Just beware – you won’t be the only ones craving Mary Mac’s, so expect a wait on Friday and Saturday nights!
2. Brunch it Up – Whether you want to kickstart your Saturday festivities or need to nurse a hangover on Sunday, brunch is a critical component to any Bachelorette Party! And, Atlantans love brunch…we even just passed the “Brunch Bill” making it legal to serve alcohol starting at 11am on Sundays! The Midtown neighborhood features some of Atlanta’s best brunches, including chicken & waffles on a stick at 10th & Piedmont – yes, chicken & waffles on a stick! Of course, if you are having trouble deciding on just one brunch place, you can take our all-inclusive Boozie Pedaler Brunch Tour, which includes food and drink at 3 of Atlanta’s top brunch restaurants with your party bike ride!
3. Plan a Ride with Southern Pedaler – Shameless plug, nothing says Bachelorette Party like taking a party bike ride! Let us take care of the party while you pedal from bar to bar. You’ll be singing and dancing (and woo-ing) to your favorite party songs, and the bride-to-be will feel like a celebrity grabbing the attention of everybody out on the street of Atlanta! We even provide the sash and the veil!
4. Explore the Atlanta Beltline – The Beltline is the new hottest buzzword in Atlanta. Miles and miles of abandoned railroad tracks have been transformed into a beautiful walking and biking path, connecting some of Atlanta’s coolest neighborhoods. The Eastside Trail starts at the edge of Piedmont Park and takes you to attractions such as Ponce City Market and Krog Street Market (with lots to see and do in between). This is the perfect way to walk off the alcohol from the night before while exploring Atlanta’s neighborhoods – and popping into a bar for a drink or two along the way!
5. Class it Up – Weddings are supposed to be classy events, right? Well, mostly…at least until the open bar gets flowing. A flower party with Fetes de Fleurs is the perfect way to craft with the ladies (with a mimosa or two) and create a beautiful flower crown for the bride-to-be. Any bride can parade around town in a pink paper crown, so help your bestie stand head and shoulders above the crowd with some flower power! Your party host will even come to your hotel, home, Air BnB, etc. with all the necessary festivities!
6. Rowdy it Up – This won’t be for everyone, but there’s nothing like getting wild and rowdy with your girls at a drag show! Fortunately, Atlanta features some of the top shows in the country, including just down the street from us at TEN Atlanta, starring the world famous Phoenix! If you’re looking for a more interactive…or athletic…experience to get crazy with the ladies, how about a pole dancing class? More than a few of our bachelorette parties have been known to come try out some of their new favorite moves on Southern Pedaler afterwards!