Looking for things to do for Super Bowl 53 in Atlanta?
Are you looking for things to do in Atlanta for the Super Bowl? Whether you actually have tickets to the big game or not, there is going to be a ton going on all week and weekend. Before we get into specifics, make sure to keep a few things in mind:
1. Plan for traffic – By now, you are well aware of Atlanta’s (overblown) reputation for traffic. In the days leading up to the game, however, it’s going to be real. With a huge influx of visitors, increased security, and multiple planned road closures (and probably a few unplanned closures just for fun) make sure to give yourself extra time to get around town.
2. Weather is unpredictable – Just because it’s late January/early February doesn’t mean you need to hide indoors. The big game isn’t in Minneapolis this year…it’s in the Capital of the South, which means it may be cold…or it may be 80 degrees. Bring layers so you can call an audible on your wardrobe as needed.
3. Atlanta is more than just Buckhead – Sure, last time the game was here, Buckhead was the (only) place in Atlanta to see and be seen. A lot has changed since then. The old Buckhead is gone, and new hotspots are springing up all over metro Atlanta for you to check out…and you really should check them out.
4. Yes, 28-3 jokes are still in poor taste – It’s still too soon. It will always be too soon…
Now that we’ve covered the basics, let’s talk about things to do in Atlanta for the big game:
1. Concerts, So Many Concerts – The Bud Light Music Festival will be taking place from Thursday January 31st – Saturday February 2nd. You may have heard of some of the feature acts, including Cardi B, Bruno Mars, Aerosmith, Ludacris, and more. Actually, that sounds a lot like our ultimate Pedal Party Playlist!
2. Go Sledding – You’re coming to Atlanta in the winter time, so why not do the most Atlanta thing ever…go sledding on fake snow! Seriously, if you are looking for a family friendly event to do with the kids, take the short ride out to Stone Mountain Park to experience Atlanta’s winter wonderland (not the kind that shuts down the interstates for a week).
3. Book a Pedal Party – As long as there is no ice storm, we will be pedaling! Taking a ride with Southern Pedaler is the perfect way to get out and experience Atlanta, whether you are just here for the party or looking to entertain corporate guests. There is no better way to have fun together while experiencing some of Atlanta’s top local bars at the same time! And…if you’re really thinking outside the box, why not have your gameday party with our HD TV onboard!
4. Beer Fest! – Our friends at Atlanta Beer Festivals are hosting the 2019 Atlanta Winter Beer Festival on Saturday February 2nd at Atlantic Station. What better way to try the great beer from all of our many local breweries than a beer fest? There is even a free shuttle from the Arts Center MARTA Station to the festival gates!
5. Game Watch Parties – So you don’t have a couple grand to drop on tickets. You still gotta find somewhere to watch the game! Did we mention we have a TV onboard? Okay, shameless plug over. The Battery Atlanta features perhaps the ultimate sports bar in all of America – Sports & Social. How does a 2 story sports bar with a 30 foot TV sound? Don’t be afraid to venture just a few feet outside the perimeter to checkout The Battery Atlanta (home of the Braves) on gameday!
Whatever your interests, you will surely be able to find something awesome to do during your stay in Atlanta for Super Bowl weekend. Whether you are here with family, entertaining corporate guests, or to cheer on your team, we’ve got something for you!